Calathea rufibarba is a favorite among houseplant enthusiasts and Calathea collectors because of the plants' leaf texture. The maroon bottoms of the leaves are covered in short fine hairs that feel soft like velvet. These hairs help the plant conserve humidity, but they also give us an excuse to "accidentally" brush up against the plant anytime we can.
• Light: Medium to bright, indirect light
• Water: Water when the top 1" of soil feels dry
• Considerations: Like most Calathea, the Furry Feather Calathea does not like to dry out. Persistent watering and protection from drafts will help this plant thrive. Pet friendly!
Plants are shipped in 5” pot. Includes detailed care instruction card.
The plants require special pre-shipping preparation, and ship within 3-6 business days. You'll receive a notification email with tracking when your order ships.
DO'S AND DONT'S AFTER RECEIVING THE PLANT:
- Do not re-pot the plant immediately after receiving. We’ve taken care of that with better pot and rich soil.
- Check for the moisture level once you receive the plant. If its optimally moist do not water the plant. If the potting mixture is half dry then water the plant.
- Keep the plant in indirect sunlight for 3 to 7 days.
- Always check for the soil moisture and keep the plant hydrated most of the time. Do not over water it.