Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi ‘Variegata’, commonly called Tricolor Lavender Scallops, is a shrub-forming succulent featuring thick, scalloped, grey-green to purple leaves with cream-colored variegation. The leaf margins will flush to a brilliant pink color during times of stress (Heavy light exposure and drought). This succulent spreads by ground roots to form clumping colonies that grow up to 2.0’ tall. Displays red flowers on thin stalks.
Planting And Care
- Morning sunlight of 1-3 hours a day is ideal and plant grow well in bright light for rest of the day.
- Protect the plant from harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing this plant.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup(approx.50ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesn’t have drainage hole.
- Avoid applying water on leaves in hot afternoon it may cause fungus infection.
- It makes an excellent container or house plant.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY INFO:
Plants require a special pre-shipping preparation and will be shipped within 3-6 business days.
Plant happiness guaranteed. Our plants are shipped in 4" pot, includes detailed care instructions and our packagings are 100% secure and sustainable.